Unlock the Secrets to a Radiant Summer Glow: Your Ultimate Guide to a Skin Refresh
Time to read min
are you ready to shine this summer? say goodbye to dull, lackluster skin and hello to a radiant, fresh as a daisy glow. whether you're planning a beach getaway or simply hanging by the pool, this guide has got you covered with all you need to revitalize your skin and keep it that way. discover how to exfoliate, banish dryness and unleash your inner glow and let your skin shine like never before!
Preparing your skin for summer: Tips for proper skincare routine
when it comes to achieving a radiant summer glow, a proper skincare routine is essential.
it's important to exfoliate 2-3 times a week to keep your skin smooth. exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells, revealing a brighter complexion underneath. there are two main types of exfoliation: physical exfoliation and chemical exfoliation. physical exfoliation involves using a scrub or brush to manually remove dead skin cells. this can be done using a gentle face scrub or a soft-bristled brush. be sure to avoid harsh scrubbing motions, as this can cause irritation or damage to your skin.
chemical exfoliation, on the other hand, involves using products that contain ingredients like alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs) to dissolve dead skin cells. these products are typically in the form of toners, serums, or masks. when using chemical exfoliants, it's important to start with a lower concentration and gradually increase as your skin adjusts. be extra careful and always wear sunscreen after using a chemical exfoliant.
i am a big fan of regular dry brushing before each shower or for a 3-in-1, i love spongology by spongelle infused body wash buffers: they clean, exfoliate and moisturize all at once!
regardless of the type of exfoliation you choose, remember to follow up with a moisturizer or body oil while your skin is still damp to hydrate and nourish your skin. this will help to keep your skin supple.
here are my picks:
- spongelle daisy or spongology buffer
- dry brush - visit conscious coconut for the best tools and instructions
- for the face: dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel or facial radiance pads
Hydration is key: drinking water is a must for healthy skin
i have learned that one of the most important factors in achieving a radiant summer glow is hydration. drinking an adequate amount of water is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. when you're dehydrated, your skin can become dry, flaky, and dull. by drinking enough water, you can help to plump up your skin cells, improve elasticity, and promote a healthy, youthful complexion.
to ensure that you're staying properly hydrated, aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you struggle to drink enough water, try infusing it with fruits or herbs for added flavor. summer is the perfect time to also incorporate hydrating foods into your diet, such as watermelon, cucumbers, and leafy greens, to boost your skin's hydration levels from the inside out.
one of my favorite summer drinks, is cucumber, watermelon, mint & ginger juice. i simply blend all of those ingredients in a nutri-bullet and feel like i am sipping poolside at a spa.
Protecting your skin from the sun: Sunscreen and other sun protection measures
when it comes to maintaining healthy, glowing skin, protecting yourself from the harmful effects of the sun is crucial. the sun's rays can cause premature aging, sunburn, and even skin cancer. to shield your skin from these damaging effects, it's important to incorporate sunscreen into your daily skincare routine. don't undo all the good things you've done for your skin!
while, i believe a little (less than 30 minutes) early or late day sun exposure is ok, it's important you wear a reef safe, mineral based, broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and apply it generously to all exposed areas of your skin during prime sun hours. don't forget to reapply every 2 hours, especially if you're in the water or sweating. ideally you can seek shade during the peak hours of sunlight, typically between 10 am and 4 pm, to minimize your exposure to harmful UV rays.
in addition to sunscreen, consider wearing protective clothing, such as wide-brimmed hats, long-sleeved shirts, and sunglasses, to further shield your skin from the sun. this will provide an extra layer of protection and help to prevent sunburn and sun damage.
summer esentials: Must-have items for a radiant summer glow
achieving a radiant summer glow is made easier with the right skincare products. here are some must-have items that will help to rejuvenate and revitalize your skin:
1. lightweight moisturizer: opt for a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that won't clog your pores. look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid or aloe vera to hydrate your skin without weighing it down.
2. vitamin c serum: incorporating a vitamin C serum into your routine can brighten your complexion and fade dark spots or hyperpigmentation. this powerful antioxidant also helps to protect your skin from free radicals and environmental damage.
3. facial mist: a refreshing facial mist can instantly hydrate and revitalize your skin, especially during hot summer days. look for mists that contain ingredients like rosewater or cucumber extract for a soothing and cooling effect.
4. hydrating sheet masks: treat your skin to a weekly hydrating sheet mask to replenish moisture and boost radiance. choose masks that are infused with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid or ceramides for maximum hydration.
5. sunless tanners are the best way to add a little splash of color without the sun damage. there are so many new formulas that won't leave you feeling streaky or orange.
pro tip: apply sunless tanner where you would normally put bronzer on your face to create a no makeup makeup look. i have been loving both the natural glow i can get from the face spray and body foam from saltyface
Natural remedies for glowing skin: DIY face masks and treatments
if you prefer a more natural approach to skincare, there are plenty of DIY face masks and treatments that can help to achieve a radiant summer glow. here are a few simple recipes you can try:
1. honey and yogurt mask: mix equal parts honey and plain yogurt to create a hydrating and exfoliating mask. apply it to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. this mask will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth, and glowing.
2. turmeric and milk mask: combine 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with enough milk to create a paste. apply the mixture to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and can help to brighten your complexion, while milk soothes and hydrates the skin.
3. aloe vera gel: aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer that can help to soothe and hydrate your skin. apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to your face and leave it on overnight for maximum hydration. you can also use aloe vera gel as a spot treatment for sunburn.
remember to patch test any DIY treatments before applying them to your entire face to ensure that you don't have any adverse reactions. additionally, always use fresh ingredients and avoid using anything that you may be allergic to.
Conclusion: Embrace your radiant summer glow and feel fresh as a daisy!
now is the time to unlock a radiant summer glow. by following a proper skincare routine, staying hydrated, protecting your skin from the sun, exfoliating regularly, and using the right products, you'll be well on your way to achieving luminous skin.
enjoy taking that little bit of extra time for yourself and let your skin shine like never before.
happy glowy summer!